Mechanical lead engineer
Do you like challenging issues that require a well thought-out design? Do you like to be involved from start to finish, in terms of both content and organization, and do you dare to take the lead? Then you are the mechanical lead engineer we are looking for our Groningen office.
Our companies each distinguish themselves in their own field with unique areas of expertise and skills. In doing so, they help clients to perform better and achieve more. Based on on for technology, our companies can combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together, we make a greater social impact. Demcon industrial systems is a partner for advanced machine construction and efficient production technology.
As a mechanical lead engineer, you will work in a multidisciplinary project team. You are responsible for the success of the mechanical part of our mechatronic concepts and systems. You think along in the concept phase and are then responsible within the project team for the engineering and analytical support from concept to (the supervision of) the development into a complete construction file on the basis of which the design can be manufactured. During the realization phase you are responsible for outsourcing the production of mechanical parts and supervising the assembly. You will then assist in the testing and commissioning of the systems both at Demcon internally and also at a customer site.
Besides a substantive role, you also fulfill a pulling role. You ensure good communication with the client as well as cohesion within the project. You also guide (junior) mechanical engineers technically and you act as a resource where you transfer your knowledge and experience. You take an active role in this. With these responsibilities you are of great influence within the projects.
- A completed bachelor or university degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Analytical skills, knowledge of 3D CAD, knowledge of fine mechanical construction principles, analysis methods and DFX
- Experience with Solidworks is an advantage
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages
- A broad technical interest
- You are result-oriented, communicative and accurate
- You enjoy working on projects and in teams
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance
- A good pension plan at Zwitserleven
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge
- A laptop and telephone from work
- Bicycle plan
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Johan de Wit, manager engineering of Marleen Blanckenborg, corporate recruiter via 088 115 2000.
Have we aroused your interest for the position of mechanical engineer? Then we look forward to receiving your CV. You can apply via the application button.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!