Challenge – Even Fibonacci numbers
Do you like solving puzzles as much as myself and my Demcon colleagues?
Then I got a challenge for you: can you solve Even Fibonacci numbers?
If you succeed, you have a chance to win a raspberry pi 5!
Send in your answer before 1 January 2024.
I wish you good luck!
Pieter Bijleveld – Senior Software Engineer at Demcon
Read the full challenge below.
Each new term in the Fibonacci sequence is generated by adding the previous two terms.
By starting with 1 and 2, the first 10 terms will be:
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, …
By considering the terms in the Fibonacci sequence whose values do not exceed four million,
find the sum of the even-valued terms*.
SPECIFICS & RULES
- Write your solution as efficiently as possible in one of the following languages: Python, C++, or C#.
- Please add information (in the README) on how to execute the code.
- We will evaluate your solutions based on inventiveness, efficiency, and good coding practices.
- We will only accept submissions in the form of a link to a Github repository.
- Please submit to email@example.com
- We’ve added some instructions below if you’re unfamiliar with Github.
The raspberry pi 5 will not be awarded to employees of Demcon. However, they do have a chance to win a raspberry pie. 😉
HOW TO USE GITHUB
- In your internet browser, navigate to github.com
- Enter your email address, and press ‘sign up for GitHub’
- Press continue, create a password and enter a username
- Solve the puzzle to show that you are a human
- Verify your email address and customize your Github experience
- Create a new project by pressing ‘start a project’
- Give your repository a name, and make sure it is set to public. Press ‘create repository’
- In quick startup, press ‘create new file’ or ‘upload existing file’
- Enter the code for this challenge here
- When you are ready to submit, go to the <>code section of your repository and press ‘code’ and copy the HTTPS link. Enter this link into your submission.
* This problem is taken from Project Euler.