Stage opdracht: Integrating multiple cameras in an Unmanned Survey Vessel
Are you looking for a challenging and educational internship? Then you are at the right place at DEMCON Unmanned Systems!
- Start date as soon as possible
- Location Delft (and or remote)
- Minimal period of 3 months
- analytical and independent.
- creative and proactive
- enthusiastic and interested in autonomous vehicles
- Following a MSc. (WO) study in the technical direction of:;
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science;
- Basic understanding of programming
- Experience in C++
At DEMCON Unmanned Systems several boats have been developed that are able the sail a planned mission based on RTK-GPS data. These Unmanned Survey Vessels (USVs) will be extended with collision avoidance strategies based on LiDAR data in the near future. The vessels will then be able to autonomously avoid obstacles using data from the LiDAR. It is also desirable to extend the sensor suite by multiple cameras so that a 360 view can be obtained around the boat. This camera data can then be used for avoiding obstacles as well.
During this internship the student will design a system to incorporate cameras into the sensor suite. The images from the camera should be acquired and stitched together. The stitched image is then to be converted to a Robotic Operating System (ROS) message so that is can be published to other system nodes. The next step is to calibrate the data of the stitched image to the LiDAR data so that each LiDAR point can be assigned a colour value, which is convenient for filtering, segmentation and classification purposes. It is important to design the camera system and accompanying software in such a way that the cameras can be replaced in a modular fashion.
The student will have to design, implement and test autonomous functionalities on embedded systems. During the implementation phase the student will have to program in C++ and experience with this programming language is therefore desirable.
- DEMCON Unmanned Systems is a subsidiary company in the DEMCON group. A multidisciplinary team developing and supplying unmanned vehicles and autonomous navigation technologies. Offer a dynamic, approachable and innovative environment to carry out your assignment.
- Together with your direct day-to-day supervisor/coordinator, you will define your learning goals, scope and plan of approach at the start of your assignment. Furthermore, you will execute your assignment within the standard DEMCON way of working processes. All to get a good impression of what it would be to be part of a real development team at Demcon.
- Possibility to design your internship assignment yourself and to focus on your own wishes.
- You will receive a direct day-to-day technical supervisor.
- Market-based internship fee
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Are you enthusiastic and would you like to work with us as an intern? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or via 088 – 115 20 00. See you soon!
Solliciteer direct Vragen over deze functie?