Internship assignment: Photodiode
Start: In alignment with student
Duration: At least 14 weeks (longer preferred).
Education: Following MSc. (WO) Study in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Electrical Engineering
Demcon is a high-end technology supplier of products and systems with main focus areas high-tech and medical systems. As a system supplier, Demcon can meet the entire needs of its clients: from proof of principle, prototype and pre-production to serial production.
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at Demcon. Given our enterprising nature, we fully commit ourselves to complex technical projects in the high-tech, industrial and medical market. We assume responsibility in multidisciplinary teams for delivering added value and continue working until the system is operational. We encourage you to use your own initiative and you are given every opportunity to do so.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organization are short and the working atmosphere is open and informal.
A growing number of projects within Demcon focus on in vitro diagnostics (IVD). One commonly known example of IVD testing is PCR testing for COVID-19. One of the core technologies within IVD is detection by means of fluorescence. This means that during testing a specimen will start to radiate light when the test is positive and emits no light when it is negative, this light can then be detected with various techniques (e.g a camera or a photodetector). The goal of this assignment is to investigate and implement different techniques for fluorescence detection and report on their characteristic advantages and drawbacks. To perform such an investigation, you will perform the following:
- Theoretical research on fluorescence detection principles
- Generate system requirements (related to running project)
- Select two principles based on system requirements and develop test set-up(s)
- Test performance against system requirements
- We offer a dynamic, approachable and innovative environment to carry out your assignment.
- Together with your direct day-to-day supervisor/coordinator, you will define your learning goals, scope and plan of approach at the start of your assignment. Furthermore, you will execute your assignment within the standard DEMCON way of working processes. All to get a good impression of what it would be to be part of a real development team at Demcon.
- Possibility to design your internship assignment yourself and to focus on your own wishes.
- You will receive a direct day-to-day technical supervisor.
- Market-based internship fee.