Can you manage large complex projects involving many stakeholders, in an energetic young company within a quickly growing market? Do you want to manage projects that are not only about cutting edge technology but also have to result in cost competitive products? Do you want to help build a new business? Then, read on and find out more about the position of Project Manager at FSO Instruments!
FSO Instruments is at the forefront of developing advanced laser satellite communication technology. Together with our partners and shareholders we are committed to strengthening the Dutch space industry and pushing the boundaries of communication systems to enable faster, more reliable, and secure connections between satellites, airplanes, drones and ground stations. By pushing the boundaries of what is achievable, we are shaping the future of space communication, both locally and globally.
FSO Instruments is a Joint Venture between Demcon and VDL that develops and manufactures optical-communication components, sub-systems, and terminals. FSO Instruments combines the strengths of Demcon and VDL ETG, inspired by TNO technologies, to let laser satellite communication take the step towards industrialization. We have strong heritage in Semiconductor and Aerospace, and bring this to optical communications:
• Developing and engineering of laser communication terminals
• Modular and Standardized functional (sub-)systems for laser communication
• High tech contract manufacturing expertise for cost-effective high-volume production.
At FSO Instruments we work closely with dedicated partners for development and supply, as well as with our parent companies to ensure we achieve the most competitive products for the market for optical communications in space.
Wat ga je doen?
• Set up, organize and run large complex projects in the space domain
• Manage and help write offers for customers, ESA tenders and subsidy projects.
• Take initiative in a young and growing company to help out wherever you can to add value and help shape the company
• You contribute to a good definition of the project scope and the project objectives during the project initiation phase.
• You draft project plans in accordance to the established project methodology and the requirements/regulations as agreed with the customer and internal stakeholders.
• You identify bottlenecks, you initiate solutions and you check the progress of agreements made, thereby ensuring the progress of the project.
• You are responsible for the realization of objectives in the field of Quality, Logistics, Technical and Cost (QLTC), as laid down in the project plan.
• You are the primary point of contact for the customer regarding progress, change management and escalations during the project.
• You are in charge of the organization, design and implementation of the project administration.
• Provide support in setting up the factory and production facilities
Wat breng je mee?
• You have a degree at the level of higher professional education (HBO or WO), preferably in a technical or (technical) business direction.
• You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a comparable Project Management position, in the space or another high tech industry.
• You have experience in setting up complex projects, often using EU, ESA or Dutch subsidies.
• You are pragmatic, can work with a large degree of independence and show initiative in building the company
• You have good communication and social skills and you have an excellent customer-oriented attitude.
• You have good command of the English language in word and writing. Good command of the Dutch language is preferred but not a requirement.
• You are ambitious, solution-oriented and a team player. Also you are creative, flexible and you know how to maintain a calm attitude and overview in stressful situations.
• You are able to quickly get up to speed in a complex and often political and strategic landscape.
Wat bieden we jou?
FSO Instruments is a dynamic, young, growing and innovative company. We place great value in a pleasant workplace and provide you with the necessary means to achieve that. Being a young and growing entity, the job comes with a significant amount of adventure, freedom, diversity and room to shape your own role and contribution to the company.
• A good, competitive salary;
• 31 days off and 8% holiday allowance;
• A good pension scheme at Zwitserleven;
• Follow training or courses at the Demcon Academy to further develop your skills;
• A laptop and telephone;
• Active staff association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Heb je nog vragen over deze functie?
For more information, you can contact Hessel Edelijn (Corporate Recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org