PLC Software Engineer
YOUR DAY AT DEMCON AS PLC SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our 25 FTE software engineering team designs controls for a large variety of mechatronics systems and products. The team’s expertise is in the area of Industrial Controls and Embedded Solutions. The interfaces between mechatronics and electronics and software play an important role. In multidisciplinary projects, software engineering is already involved as early as in the concept development phase. This way we ensure the best possible result and high-quality software.
As PLC software engineer, you translate the client’s specifications into the required software solutions. These solutions run on various industrial platforms (Siemens, Beckhoff, Festo, Lenze, etc.). As engineer you are capable of solving complex problems and integrating and implementing the solutions. You develop well-structured software solutions and know how to guide the reuse of software implementations. You have excellent technical knowhow of PLC programming and take the lead where necessary.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT DEMCON AS PLC SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- At Demcon you work on multiple projects in which innovation is a key focus. This makes every project unique and every day different.
- We encourage you to use your own initiative and you are given every opportunity to do so. The autonomy in your work gives you a great deal of freedom and responsibility.
- You will be joining a growing and innovative company at Demcon. We are driven by the fact that we are able to make a genuine contribution to society.
- Thanks to enthusiastic, curious and committed colleagues, the lines of communication within our organization are short and we are always able to count on each other. You can expect your contact with colleagues on the work floor and beyond to be enjoyable.
YOUR BACKGROUND, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a university of applied sciences/university degree, preferably in electrical engineering, embedded systems or technical physics;
- You have at least 4 years of experience developing PLC software;
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages, such as structured text or functional block diagrams, on various platforms, such as Siemens and Beckhoff;
- Knowledge and/or experience with C is preferred;
- You have knowledge of and/or experience with different development methods and techniques (ISA-88, UML, Agile, OOA, OOD);
- You have strong analytical skills, a good conceptual capacity and are results-oriented, energetic and passionate.
For any questions about the PLC software engineer position contact Sjaak Maalman, group leader software & electronics engineering, telephone number +31 (0)8 81 15 20 00. You can also message Lise Desmense (corporate recruiter) at +31 (0)6 82 18 17 84. To apply send your CV and a short letter explaining your motivation to email@example.com, attention Lise Desmense.
Unsolicited calls from recruiting or other placement agencies pursuant to this posting are not accepted.