Mechanical lead engineer
Would you like to be involved from start to finish in terms of both content and organisation and do you dare to take the lead in this?
Your day as a mechanical lead engineer will look like this
As a mechanical lead engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the mechanical part of our mechatronics concepts and systems is a success. You will already take a constructive approach during the concept phase and will, subsequently, be responsible within the project team for the engineering and analytical substantiation of the concept up to and including (the supervision of) the development into a full construction file based on which the design can be produced.
During the realisation phase, you will be responsible for outsourcing production of the mechanical parts and for supervising the assembly. In addition to a substantive role, you also fulfill a leading, motivating and coaching role. You ensure that there is appropriate communication with the client as well as cohesion within the project, your department and DEMCON in general.
What you will contribute
- A university of applied sciences degree / university degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience as a mechanical (lead) engineer in developing high-tech or medical systems and/or (complex) special machine construction
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of 3D CAD (including SolidWorks), knowledge of fine mechanical construction principles, analysis methods and DFX
- You are enterprising and creative, you recognise and translate technical problems or new technical developments into working (mechanical) solutions
- Enthusiastic and flexible, you show initiative and perseverance, you are customer-focused and have good communication skills
- You like to work based on projects and within a team
- You can motivate, drive and coach your team
- You are self-confident and empowered
- Fluent command of Dutch and English
We offer you
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at DEMCON. Since we are so enterprising, we commit fully to complex technical projects. We assume responsibility to deliver added value and to continue until the system is operational in multidisciplinary teams. You will have a challenging and varied job and the opportunity to develop. You can continue with your training to ensure that you can further develop your career. We will positively encourage you to use your own initiative. All of this linked to a salary that is in line with the market and with flexible terms and conditions of employment.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organisation are short and the working environment is open and informal. Your contact with colleagues both on the work floor and outside will be pleasant. We have an active staff association that regularly organises outings, activities and an annual weekend away.
Apply now Ask your question