Senior IVD Systems Engineer
Are you a Senior IVD Systems Engineer who sees a challenge when everyone else thinks it’s impossible? Do you like to work on complex and above all unique projects in order to come up with the latest technological solutions and developments?
YOUR DAY AT DEMCON AS MECHATRONICS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
As a Senior IVD Systems Engineer, you will work within a multi-disciplinary R&D team to design, define, and document systems used for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) purposes. You combine medical product development experience with application knowledge.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with functional leaders in product development i.e. in the field of electronics, industrial design, mechatronics and software, but also with internal and external experts regarding aspects like assay development, lab automation, PCR and sequencing .
You will take a leadership role within the medical business unit from with you connect technical expertise with application knowledge. You will have an important role in defining and following the strategic course of the organization regarding IVD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define customer needs and translate this into quotations together with business and project management
- Able to translate application needs to product specifications and architecture
- Aligning technical and application needs and implementation with customer
- Capturing and managing system design inputs and specifications. Lead and/or participate in system architecture and integration design, development, testing documentation and implementation
- Ability to work with functional system owners to design and develop future proof, scalable and integrated systems from beginning to end of the clinical sample workflow(s)
- Mentor junior systems engineers
YOUR BACKGROUND, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S. in Engineering or Life Sciences with 5-10 years of experience in Systems or Process Engineering involving software and hardware implementations for life science products, in vitro diagnostics or medical devices under design control in a regulated environment (ISO 13485).
- Proven application knowledge of IVD, for instance due to experience with assay development, or bringing IVD systems to the market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in and success with influencing and working through others to achieve results within in a complex matrix organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be joining a growing and innovative company at Demcon. Given our enterprising nature, we fully commit ourselves to complex technical projects. We assume responsibility in multidisciplinary teams for delivering added value and continue working until the system is operational. This provides you with a challenging and varied environment and the opportunity to develop yourself. You will also have the opportunity to continue your training to ensure you can continue to advance in your career. We encourage you to use your own initiative and you are given every opportunity to do so. All of this is linked to a salary in line with market conditions and with flexible terms and conditions of employment.
Thanks to enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the lines of communication in our organization are short and the working atmosphere is open and informal. We have an active staff association that regularly organizes outings, activities and an annual weekend away.
For more information, feel free to contact Chris Nieuwenhuis, manager engineering by phone 088 1152000.
You can apply by sending your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
Unsolicited calls from recruiting or other placement agencies pursuant to this posting are not accepted.