Software engineer (medior)
Our Software Engineering team designs control systems for a large variety of mechatronic systems and products. In general, this means that we develop the control and monitoring software for physical setups. The work consists of designing, implementing and testing:
- Embedded software
- Control software
- User interfaces
You will work with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and tools depending on your specific project needs and applications. Keeping a high quality standard for the software is very important to us, so setting up automated tests and code reviews are also standard aspects of the work. We try to develop software that we can be proud of, software that not only works, but is also maintainable and understandable.
At Demcon, you can work on a wide range of diverse projects across our multiple business units. Some examples of our software engineering team’s current work include the control of a positioning stage with nanometer accuracy, the control and monitoring of numerous medical devices, and the backend application of a tracker for sports players. You will work in an environment where teamwork and close collaboration with multiple engineering disciplines is important. Together with your team, you are responsible for the development process and finding a fitting solution for the customer.
Who are you?
- You have a technical academic background. For example: electrical engineering, embedded systems, systems & control, precision systems, aerospace engineering, physics, or computer science.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with technical software
- You have experience/knowledge of the following required languages/OS’s:
- C/C++, object oriented programming
- Python for scripting
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of network connectivity and communication
- I2C, SPI communication
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Versioning systems and CI/CD (Gitlab)
- Micro processors
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- You are familiar with software development and coding standards/best practices
- You are hands-on, pro-active, results oriented, able to keep an overview, and a team player
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
- You are analytical and are able to understand technical concepts
What do we offer?
At Demcon you will find yourself in a growing and innovative company. Entrepreneurial as we are, we are fully committed to solving complex technical challenges. With our multidisciplinary teams we take ownership in projects by providing our customers with working solutions, offering them added value. This creates many possibilities for you, including a large variety of work and opportunities to develop your career. Both via hands on experience with great projects, as well as through our internal knowledge expansion program, Demcon Academy, you are provided with every opportunity for professional growth. We encourage our employees to take their own initiative and facilitate this by providing you with the proper conditions in an open minded and opportunity rich environment. A competitive salary and flexible employment conditions further complete our proposition.
Thanks to our enthusiastic and committed colleagues, the company’s culture can be described as informal and open with short communication lines. At Demcon, we have a very active staff association that organizes all sorts of outings and activities on a regular basis, including an annual Demcon weekend.
Have we sparked your interest for the position of Software Engineer? Then we look forward to receiving your CV. Please apply by sending your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com, addressed to Sanne Koolen, HR Manager.
For more information, please contact Hugo Vos, Managing Director Demcon Delft, on tel. 088 11 52 000.