UX UI – designer
Are you a UX UI designer with a drive to create solutions founded on user needs? Will you advocate and seek out user input at every stage of design within the complex domain of healthcare? Are you capable of designing intuitive and clear digital solutions and skilled in prototyping and validating your vision? Then help us to bring human-centered design into technically complex products which will impact human lives.
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact.Demcon life sciences & health is a multidisciplinary development and engineering partner for complex product challenges, from concept to realization, in the field of life sciences & health.
What are you going to do?
As a UX UI designer you are responsible for merging user, business and technical needs into realistic digital solutions. While your focus is digital, most projects at Demcon are complex systems where the digital and physical interfaces need to be considered together during UX concepting and user needs explorations. In collaboration with clients, system and software engineers you will design architectures, which you will then convert into wireframes which can be tested with users and other stakeholders. You will design beautiful interfaces while realizing that in the medical context usability and functionality is key. Through an iterative approach with much interaction with users, engineers and clients you will create assets which software engineering can use in the final product.
We believe in designers with hybrid skillsets, therefore you will also be expected to carry out either User Research or Usability Engineering. Where User Research includes tasks such as ethnographic research, user interviews, user journey mapping and concept resonance testing and Usability Engineering would include tasks analysis, creating use specifications, planning/moderating and reporting Formative usability evaluations, following the medical standards.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have a relevant academic degree in UX or UI design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design or Usability Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing digital solutions preferably in the medical/healthcare domain
- Experience in both conceptual UX work as well as UI design
- Experience in either User/Design Research or Usability Engineering (following the medical standards)
- Advanced capabilities in your favorite UX/prototyping tool (Adobe XD, Figma, Axure RP)
- Skilled with the relevant tools in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- You are result-oriented, communicative, driven and able to convince clients and colleagues of the value of UX/UI
What do we offer you?
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary;
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance;
- A good pension plan at Zwitserleven;
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge;
- A laptop and telephone from work;
- Bicycle plan;
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Do you have any questions about this position?
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Otmar Klaas (lead human centered design) or Marleen Blanckenborg (recruiter) at 088 115 2000
Are you interested in the position of UX UI designer? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!