Stage opdracht: Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles
Are you looking for a challenging and educational internship or graduation assignment in the field of autonomous robotics? Would you like to apply the theoretical knowledge that you’ve obtained during your studies on advanced simulations and physical robots? Then you are at the right place at Demcon Defense & Security Systems. We typically have several internship, bachelor, and master assignments available throughout the year.
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact. Demcon management & support is a developer and producer of technology and innovative products that contribute to solutions for technical and social problems.
- Demcon Defense & Security Systems is developing unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) and occasionally also Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for various projects and purposes, including autonomous outdoor, off-road navigation.
- Your exact assignment will be determined based on your background and our current needs. We will explain the actual possibilities during the interview. Assignments cover areas such as:
– Autonomous navigation through ROS
– GPS-denied Localization and mapping
– Machine learning & computer vision for robotics (for instance, semantic segmentation).
- Depending on your background and educational requirements (such as duration), assignments can be adapted to either a BSc/MSc-graduation assignment or into an internship.
• Studying for a BSc or MSc. degree at hbo or wo, in programmes such as Computer Science, Systems & Control, Robotics, Mechatronics Engineering, Artificial Intelligence.
• Affinity with programming & algorithms.
• Analytical and independent.
• Enthusiastic and proactive.
• Interested in robotics technology and autonomous vehicles.
• Available for at least 16 weeks (preferably more) to work at our location in Enschede.
• Experience in C++, Python and/or ROS(2) is a plus.
• Experience with Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), or other state estimation techniques is a plus.
• At Demcon you will find a growing and innovative company with very motivated people. We work in multidisciplinary teams on technically highly complex projects. We share an open, informal, cooperative, and inspired working atmosphere. We like new challenges and are willing to take things a step further.
• The Robotics Competence Group is a network of engineers working on technology development and customer projects. As intern, you will be part of this group. You will get a good impression of what it is to be part of the robotics team at Demcon.
• A challenging and educational internship in a cooperative, multidisciplinary team where you work on the current state of the art robotic systems in the Netherlands.
• Depending on the assignment, the possibility to test your work on physical autonomous robots (UGVs and occasionally drones)!
• A direct day-to-day technical supervisor.
Do you have any questions about this assignment? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Jeroen Minnema – mechatronic engineer at 088 115 2000
Have we aroused your interest for this assignment? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!