Senior embedded software engineer
Do you enjoy working on diverse projects at a flat organization with an informal work atmosphere? Do you like the freedom to contribute ideas and substantiate them with technical knowledge? Then you have come to the right place at Demcon!
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact.
Demcon life sciences & health is a multidisciplinary development and engineering partner for mechatronic challenges, from concept to realization, in the field of life sciences & health.
What are you going to do?
Our software engineering team designs controls for a wide variety of mechatronic systems and products. Expertise lies both in the field of Industrial Controllers and Embedded solutions. We also develop PC applications for user interfaces or data processing. The interfaces between mechatronics and electro to software play an important role.
Within multidisciplinary projects such as inspection robots or drones, a wearable blood pressure monitor, or a high-end tracker for elite athletes, software is already involved in the concept phase. This ensures the best result and the quality of our software is of a high level.
As a senior embedded software engineer you have an all-round function in which you are responsible for specifying, designing, applying and testing software within embedded systems. You will work with C, C++, Scrum, Agile, Linux and Windows. You have a good technical know-how in the field of Embedded Software and take the lead when necessary. In addition, you act as a coach and supervisor for (junior) software engineers.
What do you bring?
- HBO or WO degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Technical Computer Science or Technical Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience with embedded software development
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Qt) on different platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows) and processors (e.g. ARM, Intel)
- You have knowledge of or experience with various development methods and techniques (Real-time, UML, RUP, Agile, V-model, etc) and you keep your professional knowledge up to date
- You have a good ability to assess risks
- Furthermore, you are analytically strong, have a good conceptual ability, result-oriented, energetic and driven
What do we offer you?
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance
- A good pension plan at Zwitserleven
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge
- A laptop and telephone from work
- Bicycle plan
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events
Do you have any questions about this position?
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Peter Visser, groupleader software engineering or Marleen Blanckenborg, corporate recruiterat +31(0)88 115 20 00.
Have we aroused your interest for the position of Software engineer? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!