Project engineer fluid systems
We are looking for a driven lead mechanical engineer for the realization of our fluid and gas systems.
Keywords: analytical, structured, accurate and communicative.
Demcon convergence started in 2010 as a spin-off from the University of Twente. Since then, Demcon convergence has specialised in developing and manufacturing customer specific precision measurement and control systems for liquids and gases.
Demcon convergence delivers customer specific membrane inspection systems from a product line of standard configurations. We also develop customised analytical measurement systems for customers with specific needs.
Our systems are delivered to our international customer base consisting of prestigious universities, corporate innovation labs, life science and biopharma companies.
The company became part of the Demcon group in 2022. Together, we will further expand and professionalise the company.
Each of the Demcon companies has its own unique areas of expertise and skills. From a passion for technology, we are joining forces. By sharing knowledge and working closely together, we make more social impact and help clients perform better and achieve more.
What are you going to do?
- You are technically responsible for delivering customer specific measurement and control systems for liquids and gases;
- You translate customer requirements into system requirements and define relevant interfaces;
- You take the lead within the project team and manage your team towards the common goal: a working system within the given delivery time;
- You provide technical content support in sales and service activities;
- You maintain contact with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world.
What do you bring to the table?
- A completed bacholor’s or master’s degree (e.g. Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering);
- At least 2 to 6 years’ work experience within an engineering environment;
- Fluent in speaking/writing the Dutch and English language;
- You are able to take the technical lead role in a project and coordinate with other disciplines such as purchasing, quality and production and contacts on the customer’s side;
- Experience in reading a Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) and selecting pumps, sensors and fittings is desirable;
- You are familiar with CE and the Machinery Directive;
- Knowledge and experience of 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS) and making/reading production drawings is an advantage but certainly not necessary.;
- You are a team player with a proactive and flexible attitude.
What do we offer you?
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary;
- 38 days off and 8% vacation allowance;
- A good pension scheme;
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge;
- A laptop and telephone from work;
- Bicycle plan;
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Do you have any questions about this position?
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Edwin Gerritsen (managing director) or Laure Barts (HR business partner) at +31 (0)88 – 115 20 00.
Have we aroused your interest for the position of project engineer fluid systems? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!