When apply for a job and during the job application procedure, you provide Demcon with your personal data. That is necessary with a view to the job application procedure. Demcon then processes the personal data that it receives (for instance by saving them, consulting them and sharing them with its employees in charge of the job application procedure).
The increasing volume of data processing has led to increasing awareness of the importance of the data protection. Demcon therefore wishes to inform you about the processing of your personal data at Demcon. This privacy statement has been drawn up for that purpose.
This privacy statement applies to all job application procedures at Demcon. Under this privacy statement, you must give permission for the processing of your personal data during and after the job application procedure. Demcon draws your attention to the fact that your job application cannot be processed without your permission to process your personal data.
Demcon consists of several companies, but has centrally organised job application procedures. That centralised processing may be performed by employees who are formally employed at one of several Demcon companies. One of them has therefore been designated within the Demcon group as the principal controller. The details of that company are stated below:
DEMCON advanced mechatronics B.V.
7521 PH ENSCHEDE
Tel: 088-115 2000
The contact regarding the processing of your data is the Recruitment department, which can be reached at email@example.com.
Diligence and technical security
Demcon handles your personal data diligently and takes sound technical and other security measures. Demconat all times complies with the statutory data protection regulations, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). For instance, Demcon avoids unnecessary data processing, restricts access to personal data to a group of employees who need to process your personal data, uses only ICT systems that adequately protect your personal data, and has a detailed policy and protocol in place to prevent data leaks.
What personal data are processed?
Your personal data that Demcon may process include the following:
- surname, date of birth, first name and initials;
- contact details: address, telephone number and email address;
- level of education and certificates; and
- curriculum vitae and the personal data that it contains (special personal data, such as race, religion and political preference contained in a curriculum vitae are removed and are therefore not retained).
Purposes of the data processing
Your personal data are processed only for the following purposes:
- the job application procedure, which includes checking your suitability, inviting you to an interview and possibly reaching agreement on an employment relationship, graduation project, trainee agreement or services agreement;
- sending newsletters or invitations to events of Demcon and for other communication purposes;
- maintaining a technical or other network; and
- establishing a portfolio of candidates for future vacancies.
Your personal data are not processed for any other purposes.
Duration of the data processing
Your personal data are processed during the job application procedure. That procedure commences when you apply for a job and ends when Demcon decides not to offer you an employment or other agreement, or when you sign an employment or other agreement with Demcon.
If the job application procedure is not followed by an employment or other relationship with Demcon, Demcon retains your personal data for a period of one (1) year after the end of the job application procedure. Demcon destroys your personal data at the end of that year, unless you give Demcon permission again to retain your personal data. If you do not sign this privacy statement, Demcon destroys your personal data four (4) weeks after the end of the job application procedure.
If the job application procedure gives rise to an employment or other relationship with Demcon, Demcon processes additional personal data. Demcon will present you with a new privacy statement for that purpose, governing the employment or other relationship between you and Demcon.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
Your personal data are shared only with employees at Demcon who need to access your personal data for the purposes stated above. Demcon uses several software and other systems to keep proper central records. Demcon has entered into agreements with the suppliers of those systems to protect your personal data.
For the purpose of assessments, if any, your personal data may furthermore be shared with third parties that perform the assessment at Demcon’s request. Demcon arranges for adequate protection of your personal data also in that context.
You have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- the right of access to your personal data processed by Demcon;
- the right to rectification, if, for instance, Demcon processes inaccurate personal data, such notice of as a change of address;
- the right to erasure (the “right to be forgotten”). This does not apply if Demcon is required by law to retain the personal data;
- the right to restriction of processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to withdraw permission for processing your personal data; and
- the right to present questions or to object to Demcon and, if your questions or objections are not handled to your satisfaction, to the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Recruitment department. The contact details of that department are stated under “Controller” above in this privacy statement.
Governing law and amendments
This privacy statement is governed exclusively by Dutch law. Demcon may unilaterally amend this privacy statement if its operations or a change in the law so requires.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the content of this privacy statement, please contact the Recruitment department. The contact details of that department are stated under “Controller” in this privacy statement.