This is your chance to help transform a scale-up organisation of 20 employees into a mature production company. At Demcon metal injection moulding, due to this ambition, we are looking for a driven operations manager who can think strategically and then transform this into practical opportunities.
As operations manager, you will manage a team of 15 employees working in the disciplines of production engineering, supply chain management, production, logistics, maintenance and quality control. You are part of the management team and report to the managing director.
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact. Demcon metal injection moulding is a specialist in metal powder injection moulding of complex, high-precision products in large numbers. We injection mold products for many different markets such as medical, tooling industry, automotive and bicycle industry.
What are you going to do?
- You support the development of vision and strategy and translate it into concrete targets and actions;
- You will provide the right resources (facilities, production resources and capacity);
- You contribute to new product introductions (NPI) from prototyping to release for production;
- You manage the on time delivery of products in the right quality and within budgeted costs;
- You realise operational excellence using lean manufacturing and smart industry principles;
- You encourage a culture where customer focus, ownership, trust and flexibility are key;
- You create a working environment with attention to the safety of employees and quality of products;
- You coach, supervise and encourage employees in their personal growth and development.
What do you bring to the table?
- Relevant bachelor’s/master’s degree in technical/business administration (e.g. mechanical engineering or technical business administration);
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and environment;
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing and smart industry principles;
- Ability to create and maintain overview in the daily hectic environment;
- Able to turn problems into opportunities and cut through knots;
- Inspiring leader, team player and motivator;
- Good command of German and English in word and writing is a plus.
What do we offer you?
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary;
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance;
- A good pension scheme with PMT;
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge;
- A laptop and telephone from work;
- Bicycle plan;
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Do you have any questions about this position?
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Laure Barts (HR business partner) at 088 115 2000
Are you interested in the position of manager operations? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!