Lead systems engineer for autonomous systems
Do you want to be the technical lead for our projects on robots and unmanned systems? Demcon Defense & Security Systems is looking for an experienced lead engineer for the R&D we do for and with the Dutch Defense in the field of autonomy for unmanned systems.
DEMCON Defense & Security Systems (see defense & security – Demcon) collaborates with the Dutch ministry of defence on a number of themes: energy supply (electricity, heat, cooling) on large scale, such as for vehicles or bases, and on small (portable) scale; and autonomous systems, the development of technology for unmanned and (semi) autonomous systems.
What are you going to do?
- As lead systems engineer, you team up with the project manager to take responsibility for one or more projects: the PM mostly “budget and time,” you focus on “time and quality.” Through your in-depth knowledge on robotics, AI and navigation, combined with your leadership skills, you will bring projects to a successful conclusion and thereby contribute to the safety of the Netherlands and Europe, now and in the future.
Demcon Defense & Security Systems already has a team working on various aspects of “autonomy” in multiple projects. Due to an increasing number of projects and the roadmap that shows further growth, we are in need of an additional, experienced lead engineer to help guide our projects. You will be responsible for things like:
· The technical content of projects:
o Final responsibility for the product
o Taking important decisions
o Apply your knowledge and experience of robotics/AI/autonomy in the project
· Guide the team:
o Task division and planning (together with project manager)
o Collaboration, way-of-working
o Ensuring the team has the right knowledge and skills (together with line manager/group leader)
· Quality of results:
o Ensure safety (safety & security)
o Direct the development process (formulating requirements, designing architecture, oversee testing & verification)
o Proper implementation/execution of QMS (quality management system)
What do you bring to the table?
· A university or university of applied sciences degree in the field of robotics, systems & control, AI, computer science—or a different technical programme relevant to the type of projects mentioned.
· Experience as lead engineer in technically complex or multidisciplinary projects.
· Leadership skills such as communication, organisation, persuasiveness, listening, inspiring
· Enthusiasm and motivation to work on projects with robotics and autonomy!
What do we offer you?
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary;
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance;
- A good pension plan at Zwitserleven;
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge;
- A laptop and telephone from work;
- Bicycle plan;
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Do you have any questions about this position?
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Geert Folkertsma (manager engineering) of Marleen Blanckenborg (corporate recruiter) at 088 115 2000
Are you interested in the position of lead systems engineer? Then we look forward to receiving your cv. You can apply via the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!