(junior) Optical engineer
At Demcon focal we are looking for an enthusiastic optical engineer!
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact.
Demcon focal is a developer of optomechatronic systems and complex vision applications.
As a Optical Engineer you will develop optical measurement and inspection systems for various customers, think of:
- Lens systems for camera lenses, projection optics, and so on
- Complex optical measurement systems for very precise measurement of dimensions & distances, 3D coordinates, surface defects, flatness of surfaces, and so on
You will be responsible for designing the system concepts, layout of the optical measurement system or lens system, tolerancing these systems, specifying the required optical components and qualifying and testing the created solution. Depending on your knowledge and experience, you also play a role in the optomechanical design of the systems. In addition, you provide technical content support to the project managers, both in the acquisition and in the transfer of the project result to the customer. You play an important role as a sparring partner for your colleagues.
- Completed wo education (e.g., engineering physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Experience in using Zemax and/or CodeV, including tolerancing and/or optomechanics
- Conceptual ability, have persuasiveness, courage to make decisions and you are able to think “out-of-the-box”
- You are used to working together with specialists from other disciplines, e.g. mechanical engineers
- Fluent command of the Dutch and English language
At Demcon we value a nice workplace. For example, we have good coffee and there is free fresh fruit waiting for you every week. There is also a lot of personal attention and we discourage overtime because we know how important home is.
Furthermore, you can count on, among other things:
- A good, market-based salary
- 31 days off and 8% vacation allowance
- A good pension plan at Zwitserleven
- The opportunity to follow training and courses through the Demcon Academy so you can further develop your knowledge
- A laptop and telephone from work
- Bicycle plan
- Active personnel association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events
Do you have any questions about this position? We will be happy to answer them. Call to Leon Woldering (groupleader optical & vision engineering) or Marleen Blanckenborg (recruiter) at 088 – 115 2000.
Have we aroused your interest for the position of optical engineer? Then we look forward to receiving your CV. You can apply via the application button.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!