Are you a mechanical engineer looking to specialize further towards structural mechanics? And would you be interested in developing towards thermal or dynamic modelling as well? Read on!
Each one of our companies differentiates itself in its own domain with unique expertise and skills. This way they help customers improve their performance and achieve more. On the basis of their passion for technology our companies are able to combine forces. By sharing knowledge and working together we increase our social impact. Demcon multiphysics is a mechanical and process technology specialist in heat transfer, fluid dynamics and structural analysis.
In the position of FEM specialist, you are responsible for a great diversity of technical questions within the field of structural mechanics. You work on complex projects that require thorough structural analyses, using (among others) linear and non-linear FEM analyses. Using your calculations, you advise the customer, experienced mechanical engineers or the project team as a whole. Projects are usually focused on semicon, renewable energy and medical industries. Materials are usually metals and composites.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analyzing the technical issue using simulations. Usually, we work with Ansys, Matlab Simscape or Solidworks.
- You analyze the usability of your results and you process them into a solid advise for customers.
- You continuously enhance your knowledge on structural analysis.
- Occasionally, you take on analysis on heat transfer or dynamics.
- Cooperating with other engineers in multidisciplinary teams.
- A completed Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, Physics or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience as a mechanical engineer. Here, you have gained experience with FEM / FEA and you are interested in specializing in this subject.
- A fluent command of the English and Dutch languages.
Demcon is a dynamic, growing and innovative company. We place great value in a pleasant workplace and provide you with the necessary means to achieve that. In the office, this translates into double screens and sit-stand desks, as well as great coffee and free fresh fruit. Personal attention is key and we actively discourage overtime because there is no place like home.
Furthermore, we offer:
- A good, competitive salary;
- 31 days off and 8% holiday allowance;
- A good pension scheme at Zwitserleven;
- Follow training or courses at the Demcon Academy to further develop your skills;
- A laptop and telephone;
- Active staff association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Lise Desmense (Corporate Recruiter) via email email@example.com or by phone / Whatsapp on 0682181784.
We are looking forward to receiving your application for the position of FEM Specialist. Please apply by using the application button.
Acquisition based on this advertisement is not appreciated.
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!