Control Lead Engineer
Can you lead the control design of our cutting edge high tech satellite communication products in an energetic young startup? Do you want to be the bridge from control systems design perspective between customers, suppliers and our high tech factory to help us realize cost competitive products? Do you want to help built a start-up company? Then, read on and find out more about the position of Control Lead Engineer at FSO Instruments!
FSO Instruments is at the forefront of developing advanced laser satellite communication technology. Together with our partners and shareholders we are committed to strengthening the Dutch space industry and pushing the boundaries of communication systems to enable faster, more reliable, and secure connections between satellites, airplanes, drones and ground stations. By pushing the boundaries of what is achievable, we are shaping the future of space communication, both locally and globally.
FSO Instruments is a Joint Venture between Demcon and VDL that develops and manufactures optical-communication components, sub-systems, and terminals. FSO Instruments combines the strengths of Demcon and VDL ETG, inspired by TNO technologies, to let laser satellite communication take the step towards industrialization. We have strong heritage in Semiconductor and Aerospace, and bring this to optical communications:
• Developing and engineering of laser communication terminals
• Modular and Standardized functional (sub-)systems for laser communication
• High tech contract manufacturing expertise for cost-effective high-volume production.
At FSO Instruments we work closely with dedicated partners for development and supply, as well as with our parent companies to ensure we achieve the most competitive products for the market for optical communications in space.
What are you going to do?
• Design lead for the control & dynamics aspects of our space optical communication products. Control loop design and optimization of high (kHZ) bandwidth actuators and sensors to achieve micro-radian pointing control.
• Design of control algorithms for pointing, acquisition and tracking of our optical communication products
• Manage subcontractors and suppliers from control system & dynamics point of view.
• Iterate and transfer of controller designs into the product software together with the software engineer
• Work in close collaboration in a multidisciplinary (multi-company) team of optical, mechanical, systems, electrical and software engineers.
• Work both on the theoretical/analytical side of control & dynamics as well as working with the hardware setups to verify controller designs.
• Help write offers to customers, ESA tenders and subsidy projects.
• Take initiative in a start-up company to help out wherever you can add value and help shape the company
• Provide support in setting up the factory, tooling and production facilities from control perspective
What do you bring to the table?
• You have a degree at the level of higher professional education (HBO or WO) in systems and control, mechatronics or similar
• You have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a comparable control engineering positionin a high tech industry
• Excellent knowledge of (high-speed) control engineering and mechatronic system design.
• Knowledge about sensors and actuators and the physical principles behind it.
• You are enthusiastic, flexible and show initiative and perseverance
• You are pragmatic, can work with a large degree of independence and show initiative in building the company
• You have good command of the English language in word and writing. Good command of the Dutch language is preferred but not a requirement.
• You are ambitious, solution-oriented and a team player.
• You are entrepreneurial and creative, recognize and translate technical problems or new technical developments into working (mechanical) solutions
What do we offer you?
FSO Instruments is a dynamic, young, growing and innovative company. We place great value in a pleasant workplace and provide you with the necessary means to achieve that. Being a young and growing entity, the job comes with a significant amount of adventure, freedom, diversity and room to shape your own role and contribution to the company.
• A good, competitive salary;
• 31 days off and 8% holiday allowance;
• A good pension scheme at Zwitserleven;
• Follow training or courses at the Demcon Academy to further develop your skills;
• A laptop and telephone;
• Active staff association (monthly activities such as drinks and an annual Demcon weekend) and annual sporting events.
Do you have any questions about this position?
For more information, you can contact Hessel Edelijn (Corporate Recruiter) via email@example.com
Does this vacancy appeal to you and are you curious about the application process? This goes as follows:
You have applied! We will discuss it internally and respond as soon as possible.
2. Phone call
We got acquainted briefly and want to get to know each other better.
3. First call
See if there is a match from both sides and if the expectations are correct.
4. Second call
We investigate a possible collaboration more closely.
We both see the match! Let’s make you a suitable proposal.
Your response to the offer is positive. We are going to finalize the collaboration!